Who we are
Medicus is a fast-growing ambitious company committed to bringing health literacy and positive behavioral change to patients and users everywhere by building innovative tech products that transform businesses and improve people’s lives.
What we care about
Our mission is to contribute to today’s continuously evolving healthcare industry by changing the way doctors and patients think about health. We have an obsessive and meticulous approach to data privacy and protection, believe ardently in the democratisation of health data, and place ethical considerations above all else.
What we’re building
We build products that are smart and intuitive, tell a clear story, and are a pleasure and delight to use. We place the patient and user at the centre of everything we do, but build products that are meaningful and improve the lives and jobs of everyone in the healthcare ecosystem.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for smart and passionate people who share our values, who are motivated by doing awesome work they are proud of, ready to do whatever it takes to excel, and who have an entrepreneurial streak that drives their creative problem-solving mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Entrepreneur-in-Residence, you own a range of exciting projects and work on them in close collaboration with our CEO and the extended management team. You will have insights into the overall strategic matters and naturally gravitate towards responsibilities that make you want to wake up in the morning.
- Representation of Medicus at business relevant events, conferences and fairs, including giving pitches, talks, and initial introductions
Support with client and partner relations, including communication, follow-up, and high-level project management support as well as research of best practice key account management/customer service and setting up internal process
- Work on projects involving either new segments, new markets or partnerships (entrepreneur-in-residence work), this involves working with internal resources and third parties
- Support with market research, intelligence gathering and outreach
- Screening, selection, coordination, and support of go-to-market and/or distribution partners
- Support in implementing new initiatives internally, including scalable processes, tools and guidelines
Support with creating and updating documents and decks across different functions (mainly sales and marketing related)
- It’s not important what you’ve studied exactly, but that you have a strong interest in fundraising and the business side of running and scaling a startup
- You love thinking holistically and outside the box if needed, and are passionate about what Medicus stands for
- You are hungry to learn and eager to accelerate your professional and personal growth
- You have a strong sense of ownership and truly care about projects that are entrusted to you
- You embrace challenges joyfully, and approach them with a solution-oriented mindset
- You have an outgoing attitude, interactive character and empathetic sense for stakeholder needs
- Your excellent time management skills and solution-oriented mindset allow you to excel at managing several projects simultaneously
- You like to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change effortlessly
- Your English and German are fluent (and the fluency in an additional language is a plus)
- Preferably you’ve gathered some working experience in the healthcare, health-tech or digital health industry already
What we offer:
- You’ll play a significant role supporting our CEO in overall strategic matters, as well as the Series B fundraising and expansion in Europe
- You’ll be part of an international, fast-growing and highly forward-thinking health tech company that aims to challenge and change the way we think about health
- The freedom to execute own ideas from the first day on. Your contribution to the bigger picture is a must-have, not nice-to-have
- Collaboration with an international team with many years of experience building companies and products with great user experience
- An attractive compensation package
- Working in an environment that aims to accelerate your professional and personal growth and plan your next career moves as you graduate from the EiR program
For your application please submit your CV and cover letter/video addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in healthcare?
- Which tasks of this position would you like the most and why?
- What do you imagine your job at Medicus to look like (short bullet points)?
- Bonus question: If you could replace one task of this position, which one would you replace and what would you replace it with?
You can submit your answers either as a cover letter or a short video. The format you choose will have no impact on your application, only the substance will. So please feel free to pick the option you feel more comfortable with.